[Wine] winetricks - reinstall downloaded runtime libraries

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Tue Mar 2 14:44:08 CST 2010

On 3/2/10 1:39 PM, thed wrote:
> hello all.
>
> i am running ubuntu 8.10 (intrepid) with wine (1.0.1).
That version is almost 1.5 year old. Most people around here would tell
you to upgrade, if you were having problems (which you evidently aren't).
> when using the latest winetricks file (VERSION=20100201) to download various runtime libraries to enable my system for Microsoft Word 2007 use, for example by running:
>
> ~$ sh winetricks msxml3 dotnet20 gdiplus riched20 riched30 vcrun2005sp1
>
> the downloads and subsequent file installs are successful and Word 2007 runs fine.
Well that's odd. Most people around here will tell you (and the AppDB
will agree) that no overrides are necessary to run Office 2007 (or any
part thereof). Of course, that's with the latest "development" Wine.
> the runtime libraries are downloaded to ~/.winetrickscache
Why don't you just copy the files from .winetrickscache to some other
location?

Chip