[Wine] Age of Empires/Sim City

Daxosaurus wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 2 19:28:46 CST 2010

Wine newb here.  I recently wiped the memory of an old IBM thinkpad T21 laptop and installed ubuntu.  I've installed Age of Empires 2 and Sim City 4 using wine.  The only problem is that whenever I try to start the games, nothing happens; the CD-rom will kick up like it is going to start and then nothing.  This one has me stumped.  I suspect it might have something to do with the video card the laptop uses and Opengl, but I'm not sure how to check that.  Can anyone help?  Thanks.