[Wine] Metatrader 4

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 21:23:01 CST 2010

On 03/02/2010 04:57 AM, ajn946 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to setup Metatrader 4 in Ubuntu 9.10.  Every time I run the
 > installer it begins the installation process then end with an error saying
 > "Error changing registry data".

I finally installed MT4 using both wine 1.1.28 and the latest wine from git.

The secret is that the MT4 installer won't run until you use winetricks to
install mfc42.  (Apparently the vcrun6 package is equivalent, but I didn't
actually try it.)

I should mention that I never saw your registry error message, so your error
may be different from mine, but installing mfc42 couldn't hurt in any case.