[Wine] Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat

Burzmali wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 3 09:57:55 CST 2010

I'm working to get this oldie but goodie running under Wine and I am almost there.  There's no AppDB entry for this game, but I'll submit one once I'm done trying to get it to work.

Here's my problem.  The game is 256 colors only.  I've worked around that some using the tips in the wiki and from the internet, but in the end I'm stuck with an 8 bit mouse cursor that Wine won't display.  So, I can get the game working though VNC with a square pointer, but the colors are too corrupted to be usable, or I can get the game running in Xephyr with better colors but no cursor.  So here are my questions:

Is there a way to force Wine, or X on a per display basis, to use a default mouse cursor?

Is there a way to tweak the color palette in Wine or X?