[Wine] X Error of failed Request

ozymandius wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 4 01:31:09 CST 2010

Hello all, I seem to be having this problem with the Mysteries of Westgate premium module for Neverwinter Nights 2. I keep getting the following error message on attempting to run the install file:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  19 (X_DeleteProperty)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x3e00008
  Serial number of failed request:  1724

I'm currently running wine 1.1.39 (although this problem occurs in 1.1.35-38 as well), Ubuntu karmic 64bit, nvidia 190.53 drivers. i have directx9, vcrun2005sp1 and vcrun2005 as well as wine-gecko installed through winetricks (Neverwinter Nights 2 requires directx9 and not d3d9 to be installed, could this be creating problems?)

Many thanks people.