[Wine] Re: Working in Office Live Workspace

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 4 16:40:03 CST 2010

Jonners59 wrote:
> Sort of.  I have two "issues" out.  Not being able to open docs on remote "devices" and sometimes on my desktop and Home folders.  And another which is the subject of this thread.  The problem is that trying to fix both, by following all the threads I now find that I can not open any documents or the applications.  I am getting error "IOPL" messages instead.  I have tried reinstalling WINE, but that's not worked, so I think I need to stop tinkering.

Delete or rename ~/.wine and reinstall your apps.

BTW, I've just been testing accessing the Office Live Workspace site using Firefox 3.5.6 in Wine, and it seems to work fine. I created an account and was able to view, upload, and download documents. I haven't tested editing, as that apparently involves downloading and installing an add-on to Office, which I don't have installed in the test wineprefix and probably won't work anyway, but downloading the file, editing in Word, then uploading should be a viable workaround. AFAICT, installing IE is not necessary at all for this.