[Wine] Performing a Regression Test

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Thu Mar 4 21:09:58 CST 2010

On 3/4/10 8:05 PM, zac wrote:
> What is 'mv ~/.wine ~/.wine-backup'
~/.wine is the default "Wine prefix". This is where Wine puts a virtual
Windows installation. What they want you to back up this Wine prefix by
MoVing it to some other location.

> Why is it the next step at http://wiki.winehq.org/RegressionTesting?
That way, it doesn't get destroyed by your regression testing.

> Do I need to uninstall my older version of wine?
Not really. You should just be able to install over it.

In fact, why bother? You can just run Wine directly from the source
tree. If you'll notice, after Wine finishes building, there's a file
'wine' in the root of the source tree. It works just like any other
'wine' binary.

Chip