[Wine] Re: Working in Office Live Workspace

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 5 09:15:16 CST 2010

Jonners59 wrote:

> dimesio wrote:
> >
> > You don't need to reinstall Wine. You need to reinstall your apps to a clean wineprefix. You will also need to install Firefox in Wine--use winetricks for that.
>
> Sorry, I'm playing dumb.  I'll need you to talk me through this step by step.  I have made a big enough mess of things.  Also, I know I have seen Winetricks, but I can't seem to find it now.

http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

Assuming you've installed everything to the default wineprefix, just delete or rename ~/.wine. To remove menu and desktop entries, follow the instructions here: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-9893ae50079ca7a959258f0bc9a17aaf2e69b391

Next, reinstall your apps. A new ~/.wine will automatically be created the first time you run an installer.  Follow the instructions in the AppDB for installing Office. Do NOT follow any of the many outside howtos that call for a long list of winetricks.

Don't try to install the Office Live toolbar add-in. It doesn't work; I've added that info to your bug report. I also don't recommend installing Silverlight. It does install, but after installing it, uploading files to the site didn't work at all.  So you'll have to upload files one at a time.