[Wine] Never had an app work in WINE

Scott drmemory at 3rivers.net
Fri Mar 5 11:21:11 CST 2010

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 10:21:17PM +0000, David Gerard wrote:
> Running it from a terminal can provide useful clues, per:
>
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal
>
> You start a terminal and do something like:
>
>  cd '.wine/drive_c/Games/Tron'
>  wine tron.exe
>
> Even on apps that work well, this will likely spew a *whole pile* of
> rubbish. But that's fine!
>
> You can probably ignore any lines starting "FIXME:" - those are
> generally just notes to developers that something wasn't written
> perfectly.
>
> The bit that will be of interest is whatever happens at the end, when
> it actually crashes.
>
> So - run your program from a terminal, and post the output here. Maybe
> just the last 20-30 lines if it's spewing a *lot* of stuff :-)

Okay, here is all I got:

$ WINEDEBUG=warn+heap wine 'D:\\drake09\\ft\\drake09.exe'
fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGED: stub

The app froze up as usual after entering one form and exiting it, and
I had to kill it from a different terminal.

Any ideas? Is this something I should be posting to the developer
site? Do I need to set some additional debug parameters?

TIA,

Scott.