[Wine] Re: Performing a Regression Test

zac wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 5 20:39:09 CST 2010

Ok, I ran 'make clean' from the wine-git directory.
And then 'git bisect good'

debian:/home/zac/wine-git# git bisect good
Bisecting: 2423 revisions left to test after this
[3e43528a99ef5f59aa04b54606b1ca4e569941f5] comdlg32: Use a unicode dialog.

How am I doing?
If I understand well, I should go on with this until I get

>  a message that states which commit is 'bad' (James McKenzie)

Am I thinking right?

Oh, and I'm worried about something:

James McKenzie said:

> if you want to capture a log file example:
> /opt/local/wine-git/wine setup.exe > logging_file.log 2>&1

>   I recommend renaming the logging file as well to separate
> between installation and actual program runs.

Do I need to worry about these log files? Because I haven't done anything about them up to now. Everything I'm doing is hard enough for me!  :?
What do you say about that?