[Wine] StarCraft beta downloader folder dialog issues, how to solve

vexorian wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 6 05:36:33 CST 2010

Well, I found this bug with WINE's folder dialog returning something that the StarCraft beta downloader does not expect.  So no matter what folder  I chose to save the game in it said "Invalid path chosen! Please choose again."

But I can't report it in a useful manner because the beta downloader should not be legally shared.

But I was able to bypass this bug by modifying the registry in a way that the downloader won't require to open this faulty dialog again. So, I am posting this just in case someone else gets the same problem:

Create a new text file:

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Downloader\0D64A300411C734A612FFF97CDCD694D2864EDD5]

"Path"="Z:\\home\\linuxusername\\Downloads"

Modify "path" to your needs, save it as blizz.reg then go to wine registry editor and import the new registry file.