[Wine] Re: 256 Bit Color Mode

Michael_LaCorte wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 7 20:16:15 CST 2010

That was my concern, however, I have been able to get it to run under Crossover, it was just unbearable slow. It might help if I explained Macports a little.

The MacPorts Project is an open-source community initiative to design an easy-to-use system for compiling, installing, and upgrading either command-line, X11 or Aqua based open-source software on the Mac OS X operating system. To that end we provide the command-line driven MacPorts software package under a BSD License, and through it easy access to thousands of ports that greatly simplify the task of compiling and installing open-source software on your Mac.

That is the definition that is on the homepage of the Macports website. So are there any Linux tools that I could use to upgrade my X11 to support 256-bit colors?