[Wine] Sound & Video PP07

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Mar 8 09:10:11 CST 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 06:13 -0600, roderakker wrote:

> Thanks alot! I think I'll just restart with a fresh install for
> Ubuntu, and try the things you've said. Much appreciated.

Why on earth do that?

Either you're a masochist or brainwashed by M$. The only reasons to
reinstall Linux are (a) a dead or corrupted disk (usually the result of
a hardware fault), (b) failure of the recovery disk to do anything and
(c) deliberately doing a clean install of the next release of your
distro. - this is usually faster than an upgrade and guaranteed to
work.

Just delete the wine prefix (~/.wine) and start the Office install
again.

Martin