[Wine] Word 2007 crashes when showing "Open" or "Save As" dialog

ericchaves wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 8 11:29:41 CST 2010

Hi Folks,

I'm running a Office 2007 Home Student with Wine 1.1.40 under Ubuntu 9.10 (Gnome desktop). The program seems to work fine but when I need to open or save documents from some specific folders, the program crashes.

At this time I identified two folders where it happens: the home folder and a subfolder under my Documents folder.

How can I identify the reason of this crash? Could it be something related to permissions or something else?

I also would like to launch word from command line, so I could see the error messages, but whenever I launch it manually it crashes. If I launch it using the gnome menus everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.