[Wine] Considering buying Asus Eee PC 1201N - WINE perf. question

zorgoth wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 8 23:38:57 CST 2010

The Asus Eee PC 1201n is a netbook that has nVidia ION and a dual core 1.6 GHz intel Atom processor.  I am considering buying this as I do a lot of travel and don't play the latest games or anything like that.  The only game which is any question that I am concerned about playing is World of Warcraft.  Under Windows this is supposed to run very well, but I have heard that WINE is CPU intensive, and the atom is not a powerful processor.  Will performance under WINE be comparable to the Windows performance on the Asus Eee PC 1201N (from what I've read the windows performance is very acceptable)?

I may just get a $500 notebook otherwise (I'd rather have the lighter weight though), although World of Warcraft is not my top priority and a lighter portable machine would be very nice.  I could also of course just suck it up and use Windows for WoW.