[Wine] Re: Wine Gecko install notification

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 10 09:23:38 CST 2010

James McKenzie wrote:

> Thus, when you get an unexpected "html not enabled" message, don't blame
> the project, blame the programmer for relying on the existence of
> certain functionality.  I'm hoping that with the introduction of IEless
> Windows 7, this will become less and less.
>
> James McKenzie

no.. I blame it on Wine.  Wine creates the pop up, and pops it up when no program at all is even trying to use it.  Older versions of Wine didn't do this, it as added as a "feature" and listed as a new feature... that the notification would happen on prefix creation. on Wine.. whatever version, 1.1.3X some version...

Why can't Wine by default just write out in text in areas that are trying to use HTML something like "gecko not installed" with a hyperlink?  instead of a pop up that holds up everything.... and only seen when something is actually trying to use it.