[Wine] Re: Wine Gecko install notification

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 10 10:05:10 CST 2010

doh123 wrote:

> so could i script prefix creation with that, so it doesn't prompt, and then... set the dll to disabled in the registry and it wouldn't prompt? then a Winetricks install of gecko or IE should override that setting and renable it?

well, it works to just disable it int he registry after its built...and installing IE changes it correctly...

Winetricks of Gecko though doesn't check that, and if mshtml is disabled, it leaves it disabled....

so my final solution to the problem...

Script in prefix creation to disable mshtml.  My default settings .reg thats imported at the end of that, disables all mshtml.

no gecko messages.

If IE is installed via winetricks, it overrides its being disabled and works fine.

Made a Winetricks launcher script, that fixes the registry itself, if Winetricks is installing gecko. (launcher script so Winetricks stays stock and easily upgradable).

No more Gecko messages and everything seems to run good.... kind of a silly way to have to get rid of a useless pop up.