[Wine] Wine install issue?

lucky07 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 11 09:51:24 CST 2010

Alright so I'm completely new to Linux so bear with me.

I installed WINE as described on the site. I add the source, it downloads etc... install and the only thing I get under my applications menu is a WINE notepad.

Now from what I read in the user guide trying to figure out how to make this work I should have a WINE File somewhere in there. No such thing for some reason. Did I miss a step? What did I do wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ... please don't send me back to the hellhole by the name of windows.

Latest version of Ubuntu. (9.10) Karmic Koala according to the system info.
Apparently the version of WINE I installed (attempting to anyways) is the right one for this OS.

That's pretty much all I can say as I just installed Ubuntu last night and have about 4 hours experience on it.