[Wine] New to Ubuntu & Wine...What is the 1st thing I need to do?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 03:09:13 CST 2010

On 12 March 2010 05:08, Captain_MDS <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hello,
> I've been a windows user since 3.1 (1993 or so). I've downloaded Ubuntu 9.10 and installed Wine from synaptic and upgraded.
> Wine version shows 1.1.40. I'm not familiar with command lines, just point and click so I'm sure this will be a struggle for me. What do I do now to make windows programs work? What is the first step to do? I've tried "help" and the instructions are Greek to me. Be honest, if this isn't for a computer illiterate just say so, I won't be offended.
> Thank you for your time...
> Captain_MDS

What specific Windows software do you need to use? Usually, you can
just click the .exe and see if it will install. If there is a problem
you can contact the developer of the software and ask if Wine is a
supported platform (just like they support other Windows
implementations, such as 2000, ME, and XP).

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.