[Wine] Re: Need help editing wine.

sonicfan1012 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 12 03:16:27 CST 2010

I'm sorry, I asked the wrong question. I meant to ask how to run X11 from the command line, since that shows the display name. I don't know how to do that though. And how exactly do i change the DISPLAY environment variable?

All this sounds very complex. Are you sure that there is no way to go into wine and change it so that it doesn't open the application X11 and instead opens another application that is the X11 application renamed? Oh and I don't think I'm actually renaming the x server; I'm just changing the application name X11 so that it becomes unblocked, and I want to change wine to use that renamed X11

however, I do appreciate your response, and if you really can't find a way to do the simpler way, then I'll just follow what you've been saying