[Wine] gl problems since upgrading..

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sat Mar 13 06:20:21 CST 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 06:03 -0600, zomgieee wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> In a classic case of "don't fix whats not broke" I wiped Linux Mint 6
> off my HD and installed Linux Mint 8, and now I cannot get things to
> work well, or at all, in wine.
>
> I presume its an open gl problem.

Do you have a list of additional packages and upgrades that you applied
to Mint 6?  And did you reapply them to Mint 8?

Keeping such a list is essential.

As a bonus, it is trivial to make the list executable. Hint: it becomes
a list of package install commands. Simply run it after a fresh Linux
install. This and related tricks have halved the time it takes me to get
a fresh install working with all my old applications. Since the major
distros issue a new version every 6-9 months doing this is very
worthwhile.

Martin