[Wine] Re: xubuntu 8.10 64bit compile issues 1.40

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 13 07:40:30 CST 2010

evil63 wrote:
> i have got at /usr/lib32:
> libopenal.so.1 -> libopenal.so.1.3.253
> libopenal.so.1.3.253
> if i link libopenal.so -> libopenal.so.1.3.253, it doesnt help.
> http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages i used that, the wiki hasnt info about my issues.

Those are not the DEVELOPMENT files, which contain the headers. They are normally installed as a separate package.

The libopenal on my system is libopenal.so.1.5.304, so if you do have the headers, then your version of openal is probably too old.

You also need to install the development files for the other things configure couldn't find. If you don't know where to find packages for them, ask on the Ubuntu forum.