[Wine] Spam

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Mar 16 16:45:15 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 17:36 +0200, Gert van den Berg wrote:
> I'm not sure about the mailing list / integration, but for a standard
> phpBB 2, I'm not aware of such a point (which does not involve editing
> the code...) It does have a profanity filter, which might be useful
> for destroying links regularly spammed and to URL shortening services.
> (Which hides URLs and is unnecessary outside Twitter)

How is the profanity filter implemented (built into the code or an
external lookup server? If the latter, substituting Spamassassin should
be fairly simple. Php would pass the message to spamc the spamd client,
spamd scans it, adds headers containing the spam score and returns it to
spamc. Filtering is done downstream of spamc by using the spam score. It
would be trivial to make Spamassassin do double duty and serve as the
profanity filter too.

As all spam scoring is done by spamd, the same server instance can be
simultaneously used by the mailing list. Most MTAs can call it already.

Martin