[Wine] Wine make depened && make error

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 18 21:53:21 CDT 2010

symadept wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to this compiling open source packages. Can anybody tell me what could be the problem for the following error.
>
> I am trying to build/install wine onto my mac, leopard.
>

> Code:
> config.status: creating tools/wrc/Makefile
> ../../tools/makedep  -C. -S../.. -T../..  dumpres.c genres.c newstruc.c readres.c translation.c utils.c wrc.c writeres.c              parser.y parser.l
> ./tools/makedep  -C. -S. -T.
> make[1]: `makedep' is up to date.
> gcc -m32 -c -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include  -D__WINESRC__ -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -Wall -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith  -g -O2  -o ffs.o ffs.c
> {standard input}:unknown:FATAL:can't create output file: ffs.o
> make[1]: *** [ffs.o] Error 1
> make: *** [libs/port] Error 2

You need to be a system administrator user to run make and you have to
use sudo to run make:

[code]

directory where wine source is$ sudo make
password: <enter password here>

lots of lines of make code

[/code]

If you do not know how to use sudo, don't.  There is wineskin, Mike
Kronenberg's WineBottler and other builds available on the Internet for
Intel Mac's running Leopard and Snow Leopard.  If you are running
Leopard on a Power PC Mac, there are NO known builds that will run
Windows programs on this platform.  However, someone else can chime in
and please correct me.

James McKenzie