[Wine] Re: Multiple wine crash causes no sound in Linux

Altair wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 20 05:06:28 CDT 2010

DaVince wrote:

> Altair wrote:
> > I dont want to use a more new kernel because my pc runs very slow.
>
> A kernel upgrade isn't like an upgrade from XP to Vista - it's barely, or not, slower than previous versions.
>
> Recompiling a newer kernel can make it more compatible (new drivers, for example for sound cards) and faster (because it'll be optimized for your PC and optionally leave out anything you don't need). In my experience - get that new kernel, it usually makes things better, not worse.
>
> I mean heck, the latest kernel does just fine on a 400 Mhz Pentium 2...

Yes, usually a new kernel is a more efficient pc. New drivers version, etc.

But in my computer, at this moment, the more fast kernel is 2.6.30. WoW (world of warcraft game), runs normal with this kernel.

In this moment, I am using 2.6.32 kernel. I have sound. But WoW is slow.

Y test with some latest nvidia drivers,.

I think when wine crash, some file (or files) was corrupted. I recompile the kernel 2.6.30 for rests, and no sound. And wow runs normal.