[Wine] Re: wine 1.1.40; Ubuntu 9.10; PowerPoint 2007 slow

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 21 07:44:33 CDT 2010

graviton wrote:
> I successfully installed Office 2007 with Wine 1.1.40 on my Ubuntu 9.10 but when I want to start the visualization of my PowerPoint, the window becomes grey and the slide show takes time to come.  As well as when I leave the slide show mode: the screen becomes black, I see the pointer but it takes time to come back to normal mode.  Someone could help me?
>
> Thanks for your answers!

Haven't seen that here.

Was this a clean install of Office 2007--no winetricks? If not, reinstall to a clean wineprefix without any winetricks, then set riched20 to native after installing.

IF it's a clean install: is this happening with all Powerpoint files, or just one in particular? What video card/drivers? Have you tried disabling desktop effects? Post console output. http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal