[Wine] Wine on Mac OS X: Open MS Access DB on network share (Samba)

bAum wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 22 08:39:02 CDT 2010

Hi,

I am using wine 1.1.35 on Mac OS 10.6.2.

I have trouble getting an application to run that uses an MS Access database.

The access files are on my host machine and I used winecfg to give the folder a drive name inside wine.  I configured the application to access this drive and it works fine.

However, if I use winecfg to point the drive letter to a samba network share mounted on the host machine, it refuses to be opened, saying: "The database has been placed in a state by an unknown user that prevents it from being opened or locked".

In both cases, the contents of the folder are identical (including permissions).  Yet, if the folder is a network share it won't work.

The problem appears to be similar to http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=40893 and I followed the advice posted there.  One thing I didn't manage to do was to chmod a+rwx the samba share.

Any help?