[Wine] Re: Insert Symbol not working in MS Office 2007 Word

hellork wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 23 19:24:18 CDT 2010

> err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
> err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.

Meanwhile, it wouldn't hurt to install ntlm_auth that is missing on your system. It's one of the things that's triggering words error reporting mechanism. To get ntlm_auth, install a package through your distrust package manager or update center. The package will be named something like samba-winbind. How did I find out what package it's in? I went over to a machine that has it and used "locate" to search for ntlm_auth and my distro's package management tools to find out what package it's in. Good luck!

Code:
$ locate ntlm_auth
/usr/bin/ntlm_auth
$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/ntlm_auth