[Wine] Help Sound and vid now works in PP07?

roderakker wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 24 05:07:26 CDT 2010

Hey guys!
I got some good and some bad news!

Good news first.
I got sound and video working in PowerPoint 2007, so I'm probably one of the first to do so, as I've been told it's impossible. Thumps up to my internship-teacher and Dimesio for this! Thanks.
[Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/15qdqoh.jpg ]
 so here's what I did:

* Install Ubuntu 9.10 & let it update
* Install Cabextract
* Install Wine 1.1.4
* Install Microsoft Office 2007
---* Set riched20 to native & bulletin in winecfg
* Install the K-Lite Basic Codec
* Install WMP9 using Winetricks

Code:
sh winetricks wmp9

Tadaa! It works. I've tried WMA, MP3, WMV & AVI.

Now the bad news: The sound gets real buggy (cracking, popping) in MP3, the WMV video gets lag like crazy, and the AVI has problems playing sound (same problem as mp3). I was hoping you guys could help me out some more, as you've been of great help so far.[/code]