[Wine] Re: No such file or directory

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 24 08:49:46 CDT 2010

MERDE1337 wrote:
> OK this may sound strange, but do /proc and /sys need to be mounted in order for Wine to install correctly?

Those needed for pretty much anything on your system. Don't mess with things you don't know what they do.

MERDE1337 wrote:
> Are there other operations during the installation of Wine, except the copying of files, itself?

Look at the package. Some have extra steps. If you installing from source - nothing extra is done.

It looks to me that you intentionally breaking your system without complete understanding about what you doing and why. Just use a standard distro if you want things to work.