[Wine] A Question to Start a Game with env

thomasf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 28 12:44:42 CDT 2010

Hello

I have a little Questionen.
Im Use Fluxbox. At the last Time i Start my Games with a "ShellScript"

winegame-Script

> cd .winegame/drive_c/Programme/Path/to/the/Game.exe \
> && WINEPREFIFX=~/.winegame wine Game.exe

then Start my Game with an String to the winegame-Script in the Fluxbox Menu

> sh /path/to/wingame-Script

This work fine and i have no Problems.

Now i have read from the "env" Variable

> env WINEPREFIX=~/.winegame wine "C:\Programme\Path\to\the\Game.exe"

For me is this better because i can this String directly past in the Fluxbox Menü.

Are this works not by all Games.
Example GTR2 start only with Script , not with the "env" Variable

Wat is the right Way to Start a application?

Greeting
Thomas