[Wine] Re: Installing Enterprise Architect

Marvin Littlewood wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 28 15:20:49 CDT 2010

Hi

I'm using Wine 1.1.41 and EA 7.5 on Ubuntu 9.10.

EA installed and ran fine with 1.1.31. But when the update to wine 1.1.41 installed, the failure mentioned by gavinlam occurred for the first time.

My solution (not a good one, but it works) was

1) copy msxml4.dll from my windows machine to the home directory for EA (C:\Program Files\Sparx Systems\EA, if EA was installed to the default directory)
2) use the GUI Wine Configuration to set up special application settings for EA.exe.
3) Select the EA.exe app, configured above and add an over-ride for the library MSXML4 to switch to using the native dll.

According to a command line run, the problem occurred immediately after the following:
fixme:msxml:domdoc_setProperty Unknown property L"SelectionNamespaces".
which results in a crash.

According to the thread "msxml4: Prefer to use the native version" in wine-devel at winehq.org, there is a bug report for this already (although I haven't found it yet).

Anyway, I hope this helps

Marv