[Wine] finding or creating ~/.wine folder (Snow Leopard problem)

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 28 19:38:35 CDT 2010

hobbsilla wrote:
> It says under my system preferences that I am indeed an admin. On Get Info for my home directory it says that my username (elixir) which has a parentheses next to them saying Me that I have read&write permissions. I'm the only user on this laptop. Should I create a new account or use a guest?

No need to create a new user, but you should be able to create . (dot)
files in your user directory.  Very interesting that you cannot.
However, I'm using Leopard and will try a test here to see what happens
when I try to create one through the terminal.

I could do so without error.  Maybe something is not correct with the
installation of Snow Leopard, or maybe it blocks creating . (dot)
directories.  Unfortunately, I don't have it to check.  Maybe doh123 or
ryan woodsall can check on this.

James McKenzie