[Wine] Wine & Windows viruses

Patrick70 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 30 04:48:11 CDT 2010

I recently made the switch from Windows Vista to Ubuntu and am in the process of figuring out how everything works and finding the software which I need.

With Vista I have always used Mailwasher to check my mails and delete anything which I don't need right away.
I have not found anything for Ubuntu which can do the same, so I was thinking to run Mailwasher via Wine to get the same results.

I have disabled the z:\ drive for Wine, but would like to know exactly how safe it is to keep this running.
More particularly, would it be possible for malicious code to be injected via Wine even while I am surfing with the Ubuntu Firefox browser? And if so, what damage could it do?