[Wine] Re: Help Sound and vid now works in PP07?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 30 09:21:21 CDT 2010

roderakker wrote:
> I tried cd
> Code:
> "$HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Windows Media Player"
> wine wmplayer.exe
>
> but it wont let me run it... Anyway, I get the same problem still...

What do you mean by "won't let me run it"? What does it say in the terminal?

Also, one thing I forgot to add--after creating the symlink, set winemp3.acm to native in winecfg. The instructions in the FAQ are for cases where builtin doesn't exist, so Wine will then automatically look for native, but since you have a builtin winemp3.acm, you have to actively override it.