[Wine] Re: Photodraw 2000 & Karmic Terminal Problem

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 30 15:59:22 CDT 2010

dede468 wrote:
> Yes Wine is version 1.1.41 which I installed yesterday.  This was my first try using Wine so I downloaded the latest from the Winehq site. On the Config file it shows 1.1.41 on the About tab.
>
> As for the "Program" problem, I tried simply to navigate to the pre-installed Wine directories in terminal ie. ~/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/Office/PHOTODRAW.EXE but I could get no further than ~/Program and it didn't recognise ~/Program Files as it stopped as soon as it saw the space after ~/Program  before the word "Files".  I hope that makes sense!

Two things here:
1) Apps aren't installed to ~. ~ is $HOME which is /home/username/. Wine installs its apps in "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files" (which is "/home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files").

Try this to navigate to the path properly:

Code:
cd "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft/Office/"
wine PHOTODRAW.EXE

Including the quotes, and the path adapted to whatever location it's installed in.

Getting the app to install and run in the expected path like this *might* actually make it work.