[Wine] Re: finding or creating ~/.wine folder (Snow Leopard problem)

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Mar 30 19:17:48 CDT 2010

hobbsilla wrote:
> If using Snow Leopard Install DVD and reseting the password and restoring the ACLs and repairing the disk permissions multiple times hasn't worked is there any other options I can do that doesn't involve me ending my warranty (which is for 3 years not 90 days).

I'd try reformatting and reinstalling... I've never had a machine that blocked access like that before, and it shouldn't, especially when it says you have read/write permissions, but doesn't let you actually do it.

Just make sure you have a backup. then do a fresh install and see if it lets you write there correctly... if it still doesn't nothing lost, you can restore from backup... otherwise if it works, copy stuff from the backup you need/want...

I'm just wondering if there is some misunderstanding going on somewhere.  Either we aren't understanding what your saying, or your not understanding what we're saying... because you should always have full permissions on your home folder... almost tempted to ask if you want to try having me remotely log into your machine and see whats going on myself  :-)

If you live near and Apple Store, I'd go in and show them not being able to create a folder in your home folder, and ask them why, and how to fix it.