[Wine] How to choose the appropriate winedebug channels?

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 16:46:56 CDT 2010

Hi wine team,

I have a Windows app that draws stock charts, but it has one pop-up dialog
that doesn't quite work as intended under wine.

I've tried at least a dozen different WINEDEBUG channels without finding
any significant error messages, so, which one(s) to use?

Using just the 'dialog' channel I can see the offending dialog being
created, but none of the system calls that are generated when actually
using the dialog.

Here is the ListView that's not behaving correctly:
trace:dialog:DIALOG_GetControl32  L"SysListView32" L"List1" 210, 3, 17, 88, 51, 50814505, 00000000, 00000000

(BTW, the dialog has several other items like buttons and tab views that
work perfectly.  Only the ListView is flakey.)

It has a list of items with check-boxes so they can be selected by clicking
in the box, but when I click on them no check-mark appears in the box.  Instead,
I get an up/down arrow cursor that allows me to drag an item up or down in the
list, but the item remains un-selected when I release the mouse button.

I've tried the channels that seem obvious to me, like commdlg, listbox, listview
and several others, but I see no errors, fixmes, or even warnings.

Can anyone offer a guess at what channels I should be using, or maybe some
other diagnostics altogether?

Many thanks.

(BTW, I'm using today's code from the wine git repo - I pull from it at least
once a week.)