[Wine] Band in a Box

dbigers wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 6 07:41:52 CDT 2010

I am new to Linux in general. Last week I started using Ubuntu. I installed Wine and was able to get Band in a Box working once I copied a couple of dll's over from my Vista partition. But I was having trouble with sound (pulse audio). Ubuntu wouldnt properly recognise my onboard sound either. At one point I got midi working but not the wav output. I could have one or the other.

But the program worked. This week I decided to try Kubuntu, clean install. I much prefer the KDE desktop to GNome. Anyway, when I try and install Band in a Box now, it doesnt work. Running from the terminal I get the message about unimplemented call to mcvcrt.dll. I can post more details when I get home from work. Was up til 12 last night.

I have tried installing Winetricks, but that didnt help. Is there any reason that it would work under Ubuntu and not a clean install of Kubuntu?

Kubunut recognises my sound device and has been a pleasure to use otherwise. I am going to keep my dual boot anyway for my games for now. But if I could get BIAB to work under Linux, that would be great.