[Wine] Re: Help with DirectX 9.0 and World in Conflict

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 6 11:25:36 CDT 2010

jackshiels wrote:
> Fixed! Just turned on emulated desktop mode. Apparently this has comething to do with XQuartz.
>
> Yipee!  :D

XQuartz does not support the RANDR extension.  Pretty much any fullscreen game needs to be run in a virtual desktop.  I have some hacked up work arounds to this if you use Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/), so you can do fullscreen with resolution switching... not the best in the world since it doesn't have true RANDR, but its a decent work around for many games.

The big advantage Crossover has on the Mac is they have a much better x.org based X server than Xquartz for running Wine... they just don't make it available to anyone...