[Wine] Enable proxy for rFactor

thelifeofaspork wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 6 21:30:19 CDT 2010

I've been playing rFactor and sometimes I can't connect to certain servers, specifically, a buddy's. He has a dedicated server setup, but I'm the only one that can't connect. It turns out that when I ping him, there's no response and when I traceroute, it doesn't get there. I'm thinking I could connect to a network that can reach him, but the only problem is I don't know how to get rFactor, or the whole system for that matter, to connect to a proxy server.

There is no proxy config in rFactor and I've tried editing the wine registry. I'm sure there's something I can put in some network configuration, but I have no clue where or how.

If it matters, I'm running Debian Testing with kernel 2.6.32-3-vserver-686 and wine 1.1.42.