[Wine] Re: Metatrader Installation error

msnomore wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 9 11:17:29 CDT 2010

OK.

Firstly, WINEPREFIX was not set in the environment, which may or may not be a different problem.

Moved and recreated the .wine directory as suggested. (Some 'interesting' CLI syntax there. I'll have to go through that and try and understand it :?).

This solution worked, although it would lose any other app or 'C-Drive' info that was already present. Therefore, other than the fact that the recreating of the .wine directory ensures a clean start, the significant element would appear to be 'winetricks vcrun6'. So, I then used this command in the other installation I have, without first recreating the .wine directory.

This also worked, so would appear to be the 'real' solution.