[Wine] Re: newer windows needed error

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 10 09:51:40 CDT 2010

rob wrote:
> was using 1.1.32 - am try to load 1.1.43 but keep getting error - unsatisfied wine gecko.
> already have wine tricks.
> where am I going wrong.
> tHanks

You should not need any winetricks to install Office 2007, and if you have used any (even for other apps in the same wineprefix), that may be what is preventing installation. Install to a clean wineprefix--no winetricks, no other apps installed.

As for gecko, are you building from source or using the Mandriva packages? Mandriva is listed on http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko as one of the distros that packages gecko properly; if you're getting that message when trying to upgrade the Wine package, make sure you have the right gecko package installed. You might also ask about this on the Mandriva forum; I don't use Mandriva, so I can't really help you with package manager issues. If you're building from source, you need to follow the directions on the gecko wiki page to install it.