[Wine] Steam crashes immediately.

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Mon May 10 23:52:55 CDT 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:32 PM, DL <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Distro: Gentoo ~AMD64
> Driver: Nvidia 195.36.24
> Videocard: GTX275
> Wine version: 1.1.44 (tried many older versions as well)
>
> Installed using wine msiexec /i steaminstall.msi in a fresh wine prefix. Also tried with winetricks in a fresh prefix. Attempting to make a new account brings on the crash most quickly, which occurs almost instantly when the EULA appears. I've never seen this steam version running under windows, but the EULA appears as a black screen, which could be another symptom.

I'm going to go with some thing distro specific as this is not an
issue in Debian Sid, Ubuntu 9.10, or 10.04 using similar cards and
drivers.  Do make sure you are using the latest X available for your
release.

Feel free to create a bug and make sure to include your distro details
and your driver version.