[Wine] Can I use Mixture of binaries .so and Dll?

Charles Davis cdavis at mymail.mines.edu
Tue May 11 01:48:21 CDT 2010

On 5/11/10 12:38 AM, manju.hosur wrote:
> I have a dll which hosts some functions say abc.dll.
> I have written Linux implementation for some of the API provided by abc.dll and compiled it as abc.so.
> Now I want invoke my Linux implementation from wine.
> Can I configure wine to use mixture of binaries? Or is there any way to do this?
What you want to do is make a Winelib DLL. Your Winelib DLL calls
functions in your native shared library, while programs running in Wine
can call functions in the Winelib DLL like it's a regular DLL. (All of
Wine's DLLs are implemented this way, just so you know.) The Winelib
Users' Guide (http://www.winehq.org/docs/winelib-guide/index ) has more
information.

But what's preventing you from just using the Windows version of your
DLL under Wine anyway?

Chip