[Wine] Re: Now you can go crazy; Steam and Source natively for Linux

Dark Mayu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 14 04:36:54 CDT 2010

According to this Phoronix Article (see -> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=steam_confirmation&num=1), it really seems that they are porting the engine to linux.

When I first saw this topic, I thought "oh, better WINE support for Steam?"
I am really glad that Valve is doing this step; As mentioned in the previous posts: Most Windows users stick to their OS because of the games only. But since Steam and many games offered by Steam (and that are a lot!) are very popular, some pc gamers might consider to change to linux -> exactly the boost we need!