[Wine] Wineboot: useless dialog

sotel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 15 18:53:22 CDT 2010

Hi!

I wonder about something, which disturb me:
thisone (wineboot.c):

Code:
static INT_PTR CALLBACK wait_dlgproc( HWND hwnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wp, LPARAM lp )
{
    switch (msg)
    {
    case WM_INITDIALOG:
        {
            WCHAR *buffer, text[1024];
            const WCHAR *name = (WCHAR *)lp;
            HICON icon = LoadImageW( 0, (LPCWSTR)IDI_WINLOGO, IMAGE_ICON, 48, 48, LR_SHARED );
            SendDlgItemMessageW( hwnd, IDC_WAITICON, STM_SETICON, (WPARAM)icon, 0 );
            SendDlgItemMessageW( hwnd, IDC_WAITTEXT, WM_GETTEXT, 1024, (LPARAM)text );
            buffer = HeapAlloc( GetProcessHeap(), 0, (strlenW(text) + strlenW(name) + 1) * sizeof(WCHAR) );
            sprintfW( buffer, text, name );
            SendDlgItemMessageW( hwnd, IDC_WAITTEXT, WM_SETTEXT, 0, (LPARAM)buffer );
            HeapFree( GetProcessHeap(), 0, buffer );
        }
        break;
    }
    return 0;
}

Why is this there?
I'm still dedicated to the UNIX philosophy: If there is no error, be quit.
I didn't like that wine is getting more and more this verbiage used in windows.
A car brake wrote:
> You just push the brake. You really want to slowdown your speed? Press OK or Cancel

Please, please, let this things away. Do wine in a chaste and simple way.
Thanks a lot!