[Wine] Now you can go crazy; Steam and Source natively for Linux

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat May 15 22:02:13 CDT 2010

Edward Savage wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:57 PM, James Mckenzie
> <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> Again, Valve appears to be moving towards a Linux native client and maybe, just maybe Linux client games.  Only time will tell and that means we have to wait and see.  In the meantime, Wine needs a fix so that Steam will run again on it.
>>

> Wine works perfectly with Steam.  Compiling in one patch for shopping
> makes Steam a Platinum application.

If you have to patch Wine, the program affected is NOT Platinum until,
and only until, that patch is accepted and integrated into the Wine Code
base.  At best, it is Gold.

Platinum:  All features work, without any modifications (patches and
native dlls) when installed using the Windows installer.
Gold:  All features work, but Wine has to be modified (patches and/or
native dlls)

James McKenzie