[Wine] noob question - program won't run

Mzwo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 16 16:32:41 CDT 2010

hi,

sorry for the potentially stupid question.

I'm a little stuck. when trying to run the stupid update manager i need for my satnav, which - obviously - is windows only, nothing happens. install worked, the icon's on my desktop, it has been made executable, but after a bit of harddrive action nothing happens.

terminal says:

Code:
mzwo at mzwo-laptop:~$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/mzwo/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Becker\Content Manager 2\cm2.exe"
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC" (8.0.50608.0)
err:module:attach_process_dlls "odbc32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Becker\\Content Manager 2\\cm2.exe" failed, status c0000005
mzwo at mzwo-laptop:~$

what to do?

many thanks,
Matt