[Wine] Wine hangs when creating initial configuration

Raenock wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 17 19:26:58 CDT 2010

Hi, I'm using Debian Squeeze and never had a problem with Wine (aside from application related stuff). I just updated from 1.1.37 to 1.1.44 and when running wincfg a dialog appears showing "The Wine configuration in ~/.wine is being updated, please
wait..." and hangs. When running it from the shell I get the following:

> wine: created the configuration directory '~/.wine'
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server socket
> jack server is not running or cannot be started
> err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out

After some time, winecfg opens but I can't get some applications to work. Any ideas?